1.28.2010

The Holidays are (mostly) Over!

Happy 2010 to the (probably) 1 person who reads this thing. I finished out my fall semester doing slightly better than I thought I would.

For the (christmas) holiday I received the one thing I really wanted which was a NEW digital camera! I will (hopefully) not have to subject anyone to crappy cell phone pictures ever again!

The camera I have is a Canon A2000IS

The camera is pretty nice for the price. Most of my pictures come out clear and fairly vibrant. It lacks some of the nice manual controls, but you can at least change the ISO when in P (program mode). It also lacks a viewfinder, but the beauty of digicams is the large preview screens.

I keep the little beauty tucked away in a Built Case 
The case is made out of neoprene which will keep it dry and safe (for the most part). It lacks proper sealed seams and the zipper may leak if submerged, but hopefully that won't happen!


It seems like photography has been the theme of 2010 for me (so far). I'm taking a 35mm black and white photography class this semester and it allowed me to buy a new toy for myself.

A beautiful 1984 Minolta x700

 

 It came with a nice case, several lens/body covers, and a strap. 

I have also purchased a Joby tripod
My tripod is actually orange. They come in almost any color you can imagine and they are amazing little guys for the price. The legs are flexible and you can wrap them around almost anything for a nice, steady, clear shot. I've used it for both of my cameras and love it. The Minolta is a little heavy for it, but it holds up pretty well.

I'm hoping at some point during the summer (if I save up enough) I can buy a nice digital SLR so I can have a handy arsenal of cameras on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment