10.01.2009

Torq 1.5 w/Connectiv




I've had this for awhile and haven't really had the chance to dive into it, but so far I love it and I think Torq's features definitely rival a lot of the other DJ software that's out right now. I was going to buy Traktor Scratch Pro, but it's costs much more than Torq and I don't like the way they have separate waveforms instead of the two side by side like Torq or Scratch Live does.

I would have to say the one major weak point is that the Connectiv isn't the best audio interface. Traktor's Audio 8 is much more superior. You can always upgrade, but the Connectiv still has to be connected to the computer in order to use the software.

The cool thing about Torq is that it supports rewire, has a built in sampler, and some pretty cool effects. If you're looking to start DJ-ing for fun or on the cheap I would definitely check it out. Oh and you only need one turntable which helps lighten the load. There's an amputate mode so you can mix two tracks with one table which comes in pretty handy!

www.torq-dj.com

No comments:

Post a Comment