9.15.2009

Review: Selle Royal Elipse Women's Specific Saddle


Bottom line: I love this saddle!

Now I have to say a couple of things about it because it's definitely not made for everyone. If you are riding a commuter style bike and you don't wear cycling shorts or any padded undershorts this may not be the saddle for you.

I tried a bunch of new saddles out recently at a LBS that was having a Labor Day sale. I sat on everything from the cheapest saddles available to the most expensive Terry brand. Now Terry is a favorite across the board with many different cyclists, but right now I just don't have the money to spend 80+ dollars on a new saddle. (I'll save that for my touring bike I plan on getting next spring ;)

The man at the store had originally grabbed the men's version of the Selle Royal Elipse for me which was just as comfortable! Pretty rare considering the difference in shape and length. I eventually hopped on the WS saddle and fell in love. The padding is a great mixture of soft gel near the lady bits and is firm where you need support.

The separated bum support helps keep you from having lower back and hip pains. A hole in the middle allows you to ride in a more aggressive position with less discomfort and allows air flow. The make of the saddle is excellent and high quality. There's also an integrated light clip for under your seat.*

I'm not sure what the MSRP is on the Elipse but the price listed was $45 and was on sale for about $40. Not too bad for such a comfy ride!

*Seat light system is only compatible with Selle Royal brand lights.

1 comment:

  1. You can now get this saddle through NASHBAR for $30!!! Quite the steal if I do say so myself ;)

    ReplyDelete