8.27.2009

Playing House


Yesterday I had every intention to go clothes shopping. I stopped into Urban Outfitters, tried on 3 shirts and a pair of jeans. Nothing fit right! Now I love me a good v neck, but some of the ones they have in the store are just cut awfully. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue. I know K's got my back on that.

So being pouty and having cash burning a hole in my pocket I wanted to buy SOMETHING. K and I found these amazing purple pillows on sale. We had been checking them out every so often but at $40 a piece we kept saying no, no lets not buy them. Well we found them on sale for only $20 a piece and said what the hell let's buy the last two. Then we found a cute rug (not pictured because URBN doens't have in on-line???) it's 3x5 with a sort of cream base color with this crazy black line pattern all over. I'll try and post when we have it all set up. We also found a HUGE paper latern. All of the paper laterns were on sale for $4 so we got it! 

We're in the middle of purging our apartment/redecorating so it's kind of a crazy hot mess in our casa, but I'm excited for the change because it's a new school year and it's good to bring some new energy into your life!

The layout goal we have is to get rid of our ghetto ass futon that's so dorm room it hurts. Take the main cushion from the 'ton and put it on the floor. We would also get rid of another chair in our living room so we can use end tables on either side to place food, drink, or whatever on. We would utilize the purple pillows. I and I have to say this bodly, want to get rid of our big, ugly entertainment center that is also pretty college looking then use our current coffee table (actually a tv stand for a flat screen..we couldn't find a cute enough designated coffee table) in it's place to streamline the look a bit. I also wanted to put the big latern above the sitting area either just for decor or to acutally use as a light source (tbd). K will probably continue to put up a fight with me on the entertainment center, but hopefully I can trick her into letting me do that...or one day when she's gone..oops..what happened to the entertainment center? OMG JEEEEZZ...

No comments:

Post a Comment