8.27.2009

New Music Toys

The other day I was checking out Musicians Friend and saw the stupid deal of the day was the Stanton T60 for $80. I immediately jumped on that and bought one. It's a lower end table, but it's still direct drive and if you use soft touch and upgrade the slipmats it works well.

The table came with a headshell but no cartridges so I went over to guitar center before work (I was too impatient to go to our local MC Audio) and got a couple. As per usual the guy working the PRO AUDIO department at GC had no clue about any of the DJ gear so I just picked up the 680HP's because they came in a case, it was a 2pack, and it was in my price range. These again aren't the best needles, but they get the job done.

I'm hoping to get the full edition of Torq (with a Conectiv) soon (I've just been playing with LE) so I could play around with it in amputate mode (one turntable). In no way am I a gigging DJ, but I'd like to get into it and maybe I'll eventually spin at a local bar I frequent.

No comments:

Post a Comment