10.15.2009

I got a new cog today!






All summer long I've been rockin' the 21t Surly Cog because of the loading camping trip I took. After riding painfully slow I finally saved up my eBay bucks and got a BEAUTIFUL new 19t cog from EIGHTHINCH.

These guys are a subsidiary of Wheel & Sprocket (awesome bike shop) out of the Milwaukee area. They recently expanded the EIGHTHINCH brand by offering framsets, wheels, cranks, cogs, handlebars, pedals....basically the whole works. It's all fixed gear based and lots of their stuff is quite colorful so you can customize your bike endlessly.

I haven't mounted the cog yet, but when I do I'll be sure to put up a review. All I can say is that the pic doesn't do it justice. They put a beautiful coated finish on the cogs that just make them gleam. It'll be a shame when I start riding in the crappy weather and get it all filled with grime. I guess that will be the true test of how well they'll stand up!

Check out www.eighthinch.com
I also need to mention that they have excellent customer service and they are really great about shipping things fast. They almost always give you a tracking number and the shipping is usually FREE!

*Just so everyone knows I don't work for any of these places I talk about. I'm just a true advocate for spreading the word when a company makes a good product and has amazing customer service.

No comments:

Post a Comment